2018 Membership dues are $20 for Individuals and $30 for a Family Membership.
A Family Membership covers parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and all minor (under the age of 18) children in the same household. Anyone 18 or over is required to purchase an individual membership. Membership fees are used to help offset the cost of the property tax for the grounds and general maintenance of the 17 acre facility.
Membership benefits include:
- Exemption from grounds fees at all WRC shows.
– Use of the arenas for practice – free of charge when scheduled events are not taking place.
Note: For insurance purposes, anyone coming on the grounds needs to be a member when an event is not planned. Warning: Anyone that is not a member on the grounds on a non-event day is trespassing and if caught, legal action may be taken.
– Ability to earn points for Members Only Awards.
These are in addition to the Show Series year end prizes awarded. Points are kept on horse rider combination for each show. Points for Member awards count when the membership is submitted. Any points earned prior to submission will not count toward Member high point awards, so be sure to sign up before you show. All awards are given at the year end banquet.
– The ability to vote at annual meeting for yearly election of board members.
WRC Member Point Accumulation
The WRC uses a straight point system:
1st place = 6 pts, 2nd = 5 pts, 3rd = 4pts, 4th = 3 pts, 5th = 2 pts, 6th = 1 pts
Additionally, all competitors are given a point for every class they enter and exhibit in, regardless of placing.
Year End Member Awards
– 18 Member High Point Divisions. Grand and Reserve are recognized.
– Top 10 Member Overall High Point Awards.
– Special Awards. Many are nomination awards given by the club: Sportsmanship awards, Volunteer & Pony/horse of the year